If you’re like most people, your home represents the single largest investment you’re likely to make in life. It is the place where you and your family feel safe, sheltered, and protected. Your home also holds some of your most prized possessions, family aside. Doesn’t it make sense, to protect the structure that protects so many important things for you?
Our New Jersey Agency has served the Jersey Shore as well as the interior region of New Jersey with competitive rates and exceptional service for 50 years. We’re able to offer the best pricing on homeowners insurance policies designed to meet your individual needs as home owners. Not only that, but we enjoy building close relationships with homeowners just like you.
Who Needs Home Insurance?
Home insurance is not limited to people who own homes, though anyone who owns a home certainly needs to protect that investment. Condo owners, for example, also need a special type of insurance for their homes. Most condos communities offer limited insurance policies that cover the basic structure. However, most of these policies do not cover things like floor coverings, cabinetry, fixtures, or even wall coverings. Fewer still cover possessions, leaving the responsibility for covering these things with individual unit owners.
Types of Homeowner’s Insurance Policies
When it comes to insurance coverage for the home, there are a few policies almost all homeowners should consider. The coverage amounts and premiums for these policies will vary according to location, size and value of the home, and other risk indicators. These coverage types include the following:
- Comprehensive Coverage. Most homeowner’s policies offer a comprehensive coverage policy that provides basic protection against storm damage, fire damage, theft, vandalism, etc.
- Liability. This coverage type helps cover the costs when people are injured on or by your property.
- Personal Property. This coverage extends to possessions or contents of the home. Some things can never be replaced, but the right insurance policy can help you recover most of the possessions you’ve lost.
- Other Structures. Detached garages, sheds, barns, pool houses, and other structures on your property are not typically included in a homeowner’s policy. You’ll need additional coverage for them.
- Loss of Use. In the event of extensive structural damage that must be repaired, loss of use coverage provides lodging for homeowners while the home remains unlivable.
- Valuable Items Coverage. This helps offset the value of expensive items that are destroyed or stolen including and may be purchased to cover electronics, artworks, jewelry, antiques, heirlooms, and more.
Additional Coverage Options
In addition to the primary coverage options available to homeowners, there are some specialty insurance coverage needs you may want additional policies to cover. People who work from home, for instance, will need additional coverage not only for the machinery and equipment, but also for the inventory and potential liability issues they face.
Specific event coverage is also recommended for homeowners who live in areas that are vulnerable to earthquake, wildfires, and other events that aren’t covered by typical homeowner’s insurance policies.
For additional protection, endorsements and special insurance riders can be added to your standard homeowners insurance policy. Examples of endorsement add-ons include expanded credit card theft and forgery coverage, guaranteed replacement cost coverage, extended replacement cost coverage, secondary residence coverage, and additional coverage for expensive jewelry.
Why Choose us for Your New Jersey Insurance Needs?
Talk to one of our agents to get the full story about the home insurance coverage you need. We live and work in New Jersey just like you and know the lay of the land. Whether you need homeowners insurance, auto insurance, commercial insurance, or boat insurance, we can help you find the policy that’s best to meet your needs today.
We have 50 years of experience serving the needs of New Jersey residents and are excited to be on our way to 50 more. As an independent insurance agency, we can serve your needs and compare prices and plans among multiple carriers to get the best deals for you. Additionally, we offer package deals when bundling insurance policies that really help the savings add up for New Jersey families.
CALL US TODAY SO WE CAN HELP YOU GET THE RIGHT HOME INSURANCE COVERAGE TO PROTECT YOUR HOME!